From the Sorority’s inception, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. has long demonstrated an interest in serving the needs of the community. Spanning the Sorority’s nearly thirty-year partnership with the March of Dimes to its relationship with the Human Genome Project, Zeta Phi Beta has been at the forefront of anticipating the ever-changing needs of society.
Z-HOPE is an outreach service program that has six primary objectives, corresponding measures of success and a mechanism for chapter recognition. The primary objectives are:
- To provide culturally appropriate informational activities according to the Z-HOPE program format.
- To foster collaborative partnerships between community organizations with shared goals.
- To promote the opportunities for expansion in Stork’s Nest programs.
- To facilitate community service and mentorship opportunities for members of the organization.
- To provide an equitable chapter recognition program for community services rendered.
- To provide a standard reporting format to concentrate efforts and demonstrate the organization’s impact.